Over 100 Years of Excellence in Real Estate
Coldwell Banker was founded in 1906 when Colbert Coldwell, a young real estate Sales Associate, observed families trying to piece their lives together following the disastrous San Francisco earthquake.
Disapproving of Sales Associates who acquired property from vulnerable sellers and then resold it at huge profits, and seeing a need for honest, knowledgeable real estate professionals, he formed his own company.
The new company was based on a revolutionary philosophy: the client's best interest above all. In 1914, Benjamin Arthur Banker, another real estate professional, joined Colbert Coldwell as a full partner. Together, Coldwell and Banker forged a tradition of integrity, exceptional service and customer satisfaction that became the company's hallmark. The company was far ahead of its time in its focus on customer service.
As Coldwell Banker enters its second century in real estate, it offers clients a level of service and resources of which Mr. Coldwell and Mr. Banker would be proud.
Visit the company Web site at www.coldwellbanker.com.
Coldwell Banker Quick Facts:
- 111,000 sales associates (104,000 in US)
- 3,600 offices (3,000) in US
- Presence in 47 Countries
- $265 billion in sales volume (2007)
- 25,000 transactions of $1 million or more (2007)
- #1 brand web site in 2007 & thru April 2008 (Nielsen Net Ratings)
- 32 million visitors in 2007
- #1 real estate brand (Franchise Times) for 8 straight years
- #1 in reputation and trust (BrooksRose Brand Tracking)
- $373,000 per transaction (RealTrends) which is 20% higher than industry average
- Inman News 2007 Innovator of the Year (brokerage/franchise category)